Construction & Public
Australian Owner Builders Insurance Services is Australia’s largest and
most recognized Owner Builder exclusive underwriting agency.
OWNER BUILDER IN SA
South Australian laws for Owner Builders are designed to protect and support Owner Building. It is important you become familiar with your obligations as on Owner Builder.
Under the development Act, Owner Builders proposing to undertake building work must:
- Obtain a Development Approval
- Lodge all copies of certificates of indemnity insurance for building work to be undertaken by a licensed building work contractor with the council before commencing the last stages of building work
- Notify the council at prescribed stages of the building work
- Advise the council of the name and contact details of the person who will be supervising the building work undertake the building work in accordance with the approved documents
- Submit a signed Statement of Compliance (Schedule 19A) to the relevant authority on completion of the building work
- Complying with all the relevant regulations that apply to the construction
Want to know more:
Maximizing the savings on your owner builder project comes down to efficiencies and organisation. Save your time and money with our Planning Kits.
Owner building can be a rewarding experience but one part that can be an issue is insurance. Without Insurance you might lose your home & still have a mortgage.
Develop your knowledge and skills by accessing our range of presentations and courses designed for you, to help you save time and money.
Save Real Money
Is a handy size, easy-to-understand 170 page booklet specifically for the Owner Builder written by expert trades-people and educators. A must for any Owner Builder.
Keep up to date
Keep yourself updated with the latest news and current news on all things Owner Building.